Bissoon DCB Name Sub-committees
The Executive Committee of the Bissoon Singh-led Demerara Cricket Board (DCB) held its first statutory meeting on Tuesday to establish the various sub-committees of the board and establish goals and objectives for the executives elected at the Lusignan Community Centre to serve until 2013.
Public Relations Officer (PRO) Neil Barry said the goals and objectives of the DCB are
- to organise cricket in the County of Demerara in an inclusive, accountable and transparent manner,
- to establish a permanent office to conduct the affairs of the DCB,
- to establish a website of the DCB,
- to accelerate the development of cricketers (male & female) at all levels throughout the county so as to provide quality players capable of representing the county and the country with distinction,
- to improve the discipline and conduct of administrators and cricketers through the implementation of a code of a conduct for both administrators and cricketers,
- to improve the standard of cricket played throughout the county and
- to review the constitution of the DCB as mandated by members of the associations that attended the AGM of the DCB held on Saturday January 22, 2010.
The Sub Committees are:-
- Cricket Development Committee:- Roger Harper (Chairman), Neil Barry, Shaun Massiah, Davteerth Anandjit, Robert Adonis, Raymond Barton, Orin Bailey (DCB Coach), 1 representative of ladies cricket and 1 representative from East Bank & West Demerara.
- Senior Selection:-Robert Adonis (Chairman), 1 Representative from each of the 4 Sub Associations.
- Junior Selection:-Raymond Barton (Chairman), 1 Representative from each of the 4 Sub Associations.
- Disciplinary Committee:-to be announced.
- Competition Committee:-Shaun Massiah (Chairman), Samaroo Jailall and 1 Representative from each of the 4 Sub Associations
- Fund Raising Committee:-Pretipaul Jaigobin (Chairman), Edward Richmond, Samaroo Jailall, Manoj Narayan, Tarachand Balgobin, Zufikar Ally, Neil Barry.
- Constitution Review:-Manoj Narayan (Chairman). Other members will be announced shortly.
All Clubs are being alerted that the DCB aims to commence the Hand in Hand 50 over competition for second division teams shortly and also conclude the GCB club first division 3 day competition that is in the final stage of the Demerara leg.