Primary Schools Windball Continues
This year’s 13th Annual Regional Primary Schools Windball Cricket Championships continued on Friday last, at the Skeldon Community Centre ground in Berbice.
Among the winning schools were No 68, No 56, Crabwood Creek and Massiah, while No 59 and Skeldon played to a tie. In full results:
- No 68 defeated Leeds by 10 wickets. Leeds made 36-2 off the allotted 5 overs with Reoul Drepaul hitting an unbeaten 12, while Omar Bourne supported with 11. No 68 knocked off the runs without losing a wicket, closing on 40-0.
- Debutants No 56 then beat Skeldon by 34 runs. No 56 reached 76-1 with Derrick Abraham smashing a belligerent 53 not out which contained 8 towering maximums. Skeldon in their turn at the crease were restricted to 42-4.
- Massiah then eased past No 59 by 7 wickets. No 59 were restricted to a meagre target of 29-4 with Rampersaud Parsram stroking 21 not out. Taleshwar Baichan and Tamesh Singh each took two wickets. Massiah replied with 30-3. Kishan Narsing made 14.
- Crabwood Creek beat No 68 by 28 runs. Crabwood Creek compiled 50-4. Akeshwas Jagroop hit 14. No 68 ended on 22-5.
- Massiah defeated No 68 by 8 wickets. No 68 batted first and made 32-0. Lashana Hyman stroked 17. Massiah in reply, 33-2 with Damini Karim 14 not out.
- No 59 and Skeldon played to a tie. No 59 made 26 and Skeldon in reply, 26.
The competition continues this week at various venues.
The venue for today is the Carifesta Sports Complex, while the following day is at the Albion Comminuty Centre ground. On Wednesday, the action returns to the Carifesta Sports Complex, while Unity / Lancaster ground is the location for Thursday. Enmore Community Centre ground is the site for Friday’s round of matches.