Several Teams Win On Opening Day
Stag/El Dorado Male & Female Softball Cricket…
The Stag Beer/El Dorado nationwide softball cricket competition began last weekend with 23 matches at various venues across the country.
Top local teams are vying for supremacy in three categories: Male Open, Female Open, and Male Over-40. In each division, the top prize is $ 50,000 and a trophy, while each category runner-up will receive $ 25,000 and a trophy as well. There are also a few individual prizes at stake.
Apart from the team and individual prizes, players will also be vying for a spot on their respective county teams for the upcoming Mike’s Pharmacy Inter-county competition, which will be played in all three categories. Below are the summarised results from the games played.
- Airport XI defeated Omesh XI by 72 runs. Airport XI 133 all out (Eric Thomas 28, Omesh Parbo 3-37). Omesh XI 61 all out (Karim Arjoon 3-15).
- Albion Over-40 defeated Crabwood Creek Over-40 by 4 wickets. Crabwood Creek Over-40 189 all out (J. Sukhram 53, D. Seeram 29, Vishnu Kalimutoo 3-35, Tim Bryan 2-31). Albion Over-40 190-6 from 24.2 overs (Tim Bryan 41, L. Narine 36*, M. Lallbeharry 29, J. Sukoo 2-32).
- Celebrity Times A defeated Rose Hall by 74 runs. Celebrity Times A 177-8 from 15 overs (Arshad Fariq 38, David Lukenauth 26, Balram Samaroo 23, Extras 65, Mohammed Altaf 4-23). Rose Hall 103 all out from 11.3 overs (Waheed Edwards 4-19, Totoram Seenanand 3-17).
- Celebrity Times A defeated Unstoppable by 62 runs. Celebrity Times A 123 all out (Balram Samaroo 30, Arshad Fariq 27, John Ragubir 2-21). Unstoppable 61 all out (Totoram Seenanand and Clive Budhoo took 3 wickets each).
- Celebrity Times B defeated Catholic Church by 9 wickets. Catholic Church 76 all out (Munesh Rambaran 3-19). Celebrity Times B 79-1 from 11 overs (Bhoj Jailall 37).
- Celebrity Times B defeated Unstoppable by 8 wickets. Unstoppable 124 all out (Romesh Ragubir 50, Munesh Rambaran 4-13). Celebrity Times B 125-4 from 13 overs (Khemraj Persaud 33*).
- Corriverton Queens defeated No 51 Leeds Female by 46 runs. Corriverton Queens 115-3 from 10 overs (Manesha Pasram 52*, Paula Williams 26*). No 51 Females 69 all out from 8.4 overs (Tina Winter 10, Marshal Joseph 17, Manesha Pasram and Christine Matterson took 2 wickets each).
- Cummings Lodge Angels defeated Media XI Females by 69 runs. Cummings Lodge Angels 121-1 from 10 overs (Indra Albert 64*, Alberto Fedrick 50). Media XI Females 52-4 (Tiffany Grant 18*, Naomi Etwaroo 3-6).
- Digital Technology defeated Trophy Stall by 4 runs. Digital Technology 159 all out (Avinesh Sookdeo 35, Gary Singh and Davindra Deosaran took 3 wickets each). Trophy Stall 155 all out (Surajpaul Deosaran 49, Rashad Singh and Clement Arthur took 3 wickets each).
- El Commandante defeated Cena XI by 30 runs. El Commandante 155 all out (Vicky Jaikissoon 38, Safraz Hanif 35, Rohan Ramchandra 5-27). Cena XI 125 all out (Vicky Jaikissoon 3-18).
- Enmore defeated Better Hope Warriors by 42 runs. Enmore 132-7 (N. Motilall 47, C. Rampersaud and R. Ori took 2 wickets each). Better Hope 90 all out (G. Gusain 4-21, Z. Majid 3-18).
- Gangaram Strikers defeated Catholic Church by 10 wickets. Catholic Church 31 all out (Nanda Narine 3-11). Gangaram Strikers 32-0 from 3 overs.
- Herstelling Raiders defeated Invaders by 33 runs. Herstelling Raiders 158-6 (Patrick Khan 55). Invaders 125 all out (Amir Mohammed 42*, Patrick Khan and Andy Alli took 3 wickets each).
- Mahaica Creek Princesses defeated Ariel Divas by 16 runs. Mahaica Creek Princesses 76 all out (Jemaicey Inniss 31, Nikita Clark 20). Ariel Divas 60-6 (Shivani Hussain and Maxine Syfox 2 wickets each).
- Memorex defeated Gangaram Strikers by 12 runs. Memorex 131 all out (Michael Ramdeodall 46, Troy Kippings 31). Gangaram Strikers 119 all out (Rakesh Ramsamoge 57, Roy Jaferally 3-2, Sikander Mohabir and Shawn Khan 2 wickets each).
- Memorex defeated Oldendorf Carriers Guyana Inc. by 9 wickets. Oldendorf Carriers Guyana Inc 71 all out (Roy Jafferally, Vishall Phillips and Vidian DeSilva took 2 wickets each). Memorex 72-1 off 5.2 overs (Michael Ramdial 26*, Tony Amerally 26*).
- Memorex defeated Berbice High School by 8 wickets. Berbice High School 93 all out (Anil Beharry 30, Vishal Mohabir 23, Vidian DeSilva 3-10). Memorex 96-2 from 5 overs (Roy Jaferally 58*).
- Omesh XI defeated Ramblers by 109 runs. Omesh XI 153 all out (Yasir Alli 48, Asif Hamad 35, Prem Mohammed 2-13). Ramblers 44 all out (Ashmeel Bacchus 3-7).
- Regal Stationery defeated Rapid Fire by 74 runs. Regal Stationary 161-5 (Wasim Haslim 59, Azad Azeez 47). Rapid Fire 87 all out (Timur Mohammed 5-6, Lakeram Roopnarine 3-20).
- Rose Hall Females defeated Crabwood Creek United Females by 8 wickets. Crabwood Creek Females 84-4 from 10 overs (Bibi Hussain 24, Teneza Leonard 15). Rose Hall Females 85-2 from 7 overs (Tenesha Curt 30, Erva Giddings 29).
- Rose Hall defeated Oldendoft Carriers Guyana Inc. by 10 wickets. Oldendorf Carriers Guyana Inc 33 all out (John Percival and Eion Hooper each took 3-9). Rose Hall 34-0 from 2.3 overs (Rasheed Bacchus 18*).
- Super Street defeated Timehri by 8 wickets. Timehri 84-9 (Bharrat Ramdial 4-13). Super Street 85-2 (Bharrat Kumar 46*).
- Trophy Stall B defeated Upsetters by 5 wickets. Upsetters 85 all out. Trophy Stall B 85-5.