Stag & El Dorado Softball Results
The Stag Beer & El Dorado Softball Nationwide cricket tournament began last Sunday, January 23, at various venues. Twenty three matches were played and this week the competition is expected to pick up full steam.
In results from the Berbice Zone:
- Albion Over-40 defeated Crabwood Creek Over-40 by 4 wickets. Crabwood Creek Over-40 189 all out (J. Sukhram 53, D. Seeram 29, Vishnu Kalimutoo 3-35, Tim Bryan 2-31); Albion Over-40 190 for 6 in 24.2 overs (Tim Bryan 41, L. Narine 36 not out, M. Lallbeharry 29, J. Sukoo 2-32).
- Celebrity Times A defeated Rose Hall by 74 runs. Celebrity Times A 177 for 8 off 15 overs (Arshad Fariq 38, David Lukenauth 26, Balram Samaroo 23, Extras 65, Mohammed Altaf 4-23) Rose Hall 103 all out in 11.3 overs (Waheed Edwards 4-19, Totoram Seenanand 3-17).
- Celebrity Times A defeated Unstoppable by 62 runs. Celebrity Times A 123 all out (Balram Samaroo 30, Arshad Fariq 27, John Ragubir 2-21). Unstoppable 61 all out (Totoram Seenanand and Clive Budhoo took 3 wickets each).
- Celebrity Times B defeated Catholic Church by 9 wickets. Catholic Church 76 all out (Munesh Rambaran 3-19). Celebrity Times B 79 for 1 off 11 overs. (Bhoj Jailall 37).
- Celebrity Times B defeated Unstoppable by 8 wickets. Unstoppable 124 all out (Romesh Ragubir 50, Munesh Rambaran 4-13); Celebrity Times B 125 for 4 off 13 overs (Khemraj Persaud 33 not out).
- Corriverton Queens defeated No51 Leeds Female by 46 runs. Corriverton Queens 115 for 3 in 10 overs (Manesha Pasram 52 n.o., Paula Williams 26 n.o.). No51 Females 69 all out in 8.4 overs (Tina Winter 10, Marshal Joseph 17, Manesha Parsram and Christine Matterson took 2 wickets each).
- Gangaram Strikers defeated Catholic Church by 10 wickets. Catholic Church 31 all out (Nanda Narine 3-11). Gangaram Strikers 32-0 off 3 overs.
- Memorex defeated Berbice High School by 8 wickets. Berbice High School 93 all out (Anil Beharry 30, Vishall Mohabir 23, Vidian DeSilva 3-10); Memorex 96 for 2 off 5 overs (Roy Jaferally 58 not out).
- Memorex defeated Gangaram Strikers by 12 runs. Memorex 131 all out (Michael Ramdeodall 46, Troy Kippings 31). Gangaram Strikers 119 all out (Rakesh Ramsamoge 57, Roy Jaferally 3-2, Sikander Mohabir and Shawn Khan 2 wickets each).
- Memorex defeated Oldendorf Carriers Guyana Inc. by 9 wickets. Oldendorf Carriers Guyana Inc 71 all out (Roy Jafferally, Vishall Phillips and Vidian DeSilva took 2 wickets each). Memorex 72 for 1 off 5.2 overs (Michael Ramdial and Tony Amerally 26 not out).
- Rose Hall defeated Oldendoft Carriers Guyana Inc. by 10 wickets. Oldendorf Carriers Guyana Inc 33 all out (John Percival and Eion Hooper each took 3 for 9); Rose Hall 34-0 in 2.3 overs (Rasheed Bacchus 18 not out).
- Rose Hall Females defeated Crabwood Creek United Females by 8 wickets. Crabwood Creek United Females 84 for 4 in 10 overs (Bibi Hussain 24, Teneza Leonard 15); Rose Hall Females 85 for 2 off 7 overs (Tenesha Curt 30 and Orva Giddings 29).
In results from the Demerara Zone:
- Airport XI defeated Omesh XI by 72 runs. Airport XI 133 all out (Eric Thomas 28, Omesh Parbo 3-37). Omesh XI 61 all out (Karim Arjoon 3-15).
- Cummings Lodge Angels defeated Media XI Females by 69 runs. Cummings Lodge Angels 121 for 1 off 10 overs (Indra Albert 64 not out, Alberto Fedrick 50). Medial XI Females 52 for 4 (Tiffany Grant 18 not out, Naomi Etwaroo 3-6).
- Digital Technology defeated Trophy Stall by 4 runs. Digital Technology 159 all out (Avinash Sookdeo 35, Gary Singh and Davindra Deosarran took 3 wickets each). Trophy Stall 155 all out (Surajpaul Deosarran 49, Rashad Singh and Clement Arthur took 3 wickets each).
- El Commandante defeated Cena XI by 30 runs. El Commandante 155 all out (Vicky Jaikissoon 38, Safraz Hanif 35, Rohan Ramchandra 5-27) Cena XI 125 all out (Vicky Jaikissoon 3-18).
- Enmore defeated Better Hope Warriors by 42 runs. Enmore 132 for 7 (N. Motilall 47, C. Rampersaud and R. Ori took 2 wickets each); Better Hope Warriors 90 all out (G. Gusain 4-21, Z. Majid 3-18).
- Herstelling Raiders defeated Invaders by 33 runs. Herstelling Raiders 158 for 6 (Patrick Khan 55). Invaders 125 all out (Amir Mohammed 42 not out, Patrick Khan and Andy Alli took 3 wickets each).
- Mahaica Creek Princesses defeated Ariel Divas by 16 runs. Mahaica Creek Princesses 76 all out ( Jemaicey Inniss 31, Nikita Clark 20); Ariel Divas 60 for 6 (Shivani Hussain and Maxine Syfox 2 wickets each).
- Omesh XI defeated Ramblers by 109 runs. Omesh XI 153 all out (Yasir Alli 48, Asif Hamad 35, Prem Mohammed 2-13); Ramblers 44 all out (Ashmeel Bacchus 3-7).
- Regal Stationery defeated Rapid Fire by 74 runs. Regal Stationary 161 for 5 (Wasim Haslim 59, Azad Azeez 47) Rapid Fire 87 all out (Timor Mohammed 5-6, Lakeram Roopnarine 3-20).
- Super Street defeated Timehri by 8 wickets. Timehri 84 for 9 (Bharrat Ramdial 4-13); Super Street 85 for 2 (Bharrat Kumar 46 not out).
- Trophy Stall B defeated Upsetters by 5 wickets. Upsetters 85 all out. Trophy Stall B 85 for 5.
For further information of the tournament in the Demerara Zone call the GFSCA organizer Wayne Jones at 225-0994 or 650-1790, Berbice Zone can call Roy Jafferally at 654-8187 or 333-3025 and Essequibo zone can call Khalid Baksh at 225-5831 or 618-1905.
The winning prize for all three categories is $50,000 and a Trophy, Runner ups $25,000 and Trophy and also prizes for Player-of-match-in-the-finals and Player-of-the-Tournament is $5,000 and Trophy. Players will be picked to represent their respective counties based on their performances in the Stag & El Dorado Softball Tournament, for the upcoming Mike’s Pharmacy Inter County Softball. The tournament will be played in all three categories (Male open, Female Open and Male Over-40 Yrs Old) in June 2011.
Also the semifinalist of the Male Open and finalist of the Male Over 40 will take part in the Guyana Cup 2011 on October 28, 29 and 30 when many teams from North America will be here to take part.