Teams For General Marine Finals
The curtains will come down on the General Marine countrywide softball cricket competition on Saturday when the finals of the Male Open and the Male Over-40 tournaments, as well as the semi-finals and final of the female competition are held at the world famous GCC ground, Bourda. The action will commence at 14:00hrs and end under floodlights. The Kenny Wishart and Rohan Kanhai stands will be open to the public, and admission to the venue is free.
Savage and Floodlights will contest the Male Over-40 final after beating Industry Super Kings and Shattaville respectively in the semi-finals. In the Male Open category, Better Hope Warriors and Rockaway will play the championship game after they prevailed over Surprise XI and El Commandante Imports respectively. The four teams in the semi-finals of the female competition are: Corriverton Queens, Wellwoman, 4R Lioness, and Trophy Stall Angels.
Below are the summarised scores from the latest round of matches.
- Better Hope Warriors defeated Surprise XI by 7 wickets. Surprise XI 83 all out off 13 overs: (Wayne Narine 32, Richard Latiff 3-7, Balram Roopnarine 3-12, Navin Singh 2-10); Better Hope 88-3 from 6.5 overs: (Chien Gittings 28, Navin Singh 26, Ejaz Mohamed 25*).
- Corriverton Queens defeated Crabwood Creek Females by 53 runs. Corriverton Queens 107-2 from 10 overs: Christine Matheson 33, Gisel Batson 36; Crabwood Creek Queens 54-6 from 10 overs: Stefe Rodney 3-10.
- Floodlights defeated Shattaville by 71 runs. Floodlights 154-9 from 25 overs (Lalta Gainda 62, Wayne Jones 26, Raghunandan Narine 3-26); Shattaville 83 from 18 overs (Mike Singh 3-2, Dharam Persaud 2-19).
- Rockaway defeated El Commandante Imports by 41 runs. Rockaway 122 all out from 10.2 overs: (Rushie Samaroo 48, Danny Gangadin 20, Balroop Balram 5-8); El Commandante Imports 81 from 12 overs: (Balroop Balram 22, Mark Persaud 21, Mahendra Ramlakhan 3-12, Shazam Alli 2-12).
- Savage defeated Industry Super Kings by 7 wickets. Industry Super Kings made 170 all out from 24.3 overs: (Hardat Singh 57, Kesto Persaud 46, Vicky Ramsaywack 3-17, Nadir Baksh 3-21, Anil Rambarran 3-36 ); Savage 171-4 from 22.4 overs: (Falim Mohamed 41, Barlow Lakeram 46, Nadir Baksh 36*, Hardat Singh 3-37.