Two In Two For Cornelia Ida
The Muslim Youth Organisation (MYO) Inter-Jamaat 10-over tapeball cricket competition sponsored by the Trophy Stall continued last weekend with Cornelia Ida emerging with two wins from as many games at the MYO ground on Woolford Avenue, Georgetown.
The West Coast Demerara team defeated New Mosque by 9 wickets and Lusignan by 70 runs. Also recording victories were Queenstown, Farm, and Diamond. Diamond gained a walkover from Mocha-Arcadia, who failed to show up. Below are the summarised scores from the games.
- Cornelia Ida defeated Lusignan by 70 runs. Cornelia Ida 130-6 from 10 overs (Khemraj Ramsundar 62, Salim Mohammed 14); Lusignan 60-8 from 10 overs ( Asif Ali 18, Amir Mohammed 4-20, Avinash Dhaniram 2-6).
- Cornelia Ida defeated New Mosque by 9 wickets. New Mosque 82-6 from 10 overs (Fiaz Khan 19, Toney Ramjewan 14, Imtiaz Alli 14, Naieem Khalil 2-10); Cornelia Ida 84-1 from 8 overs (Vikash Dhaniram 48*, Lincoln Leader 19*, Toney Ramjewan 1-7).
- Farm defeated Wales by 64 runs. Farm 106-5 from 10 overs (Ricky Sarjan 25, Wazim Yusuf 26*, Yunus Mohammed 23, Imran Khan 2-24); Wales 42 all out from 9 overs (Junior Mark 3-13, Budhan Baksh 2-8).
- Queenstown defeated LBI B. LBI B 111-5 from 10 overs (Imran Alli 42*, Fizul Ali 23, Asif Ibrahim 2-15); Queenstown 117-1 from 9 overs (Fadil Ahamad 45*, Dane Austin 37*).
Meanwhile, the competition is set to continue on Sunday with five matches at the same venue.
- MYO will take on Belle West Canal No 2;
- LBI A will clash with Wales;
- Enmore will play LBI A and Diamond; and
- Queenstown will match skills with Lusignan.