The ground is ready for the sixth Under-19 ODI between West Indies and Bangladesh at Albion, in Berbice County, Guyana, on 19 October 2013.
Albion Community Centre CC
Articles on Albion
Albion Cricket Club
Albion Cricket Club is located in Corentyne, Berbice, in a densely populated area about 10 miles from New Amsterdam. It's population is about 4000, though it is not officially a town. Albion plays first division cricket under both the Berbice Cricket Board and the Guyana Cricket Board. The club ground has been the venue for first class matches and it was the venue for the first ever One Day International in the West Indies.
Test players from Albion include Devendra Bishoo, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Narsingh Deonarine, Veerasammy Permaul and Sew Shivnarine.
|Name:||Albion Community Centre Cricket Club|
|Address:||Albion Community Centre|
|Ground:||Albion Community Centre ground|
Pastor Lloyd Kanden was re-elected unopposed as President of the Albion Community Centre Cricket Club, when that entity held its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday last at the Albion Community Centre, Main Hall.
Kanden will serve for his 13th consecutive term and will have Imtiaz Bacchus, a Senior Factory Laboratory Technician at Guysuco Albion Estate as his Vice President.
Former Berbice and Guyana Youth Manager and current Human Resources Manager of Guysuco’s Albion Estate Vemen Walter returned as Secretary while Executive Secretary of the National Cane Farming Committee Muthusammi Permaul will serve as Treasurer and former Guyana Under-19 and Berbice Senior Inter-County off-spinner Orvin Mangru as the Assistant Secretary/Treasurer.
The new Executive would name the Captains, Vice Captains and Managers of the respective teams, together with the Sub-Committees.
|President:||Pastor Lloyd Kanden|
|Assistant Secretary/Treasurer:||Orvin Mangru|
|Committee Members:||Sewnarine Chattergoon, Totaram Harricharan, Thirbhuwan Jagdeo, Puran Mangal and Andy Mohan|
2012 Division 1 Carib Beer T20:
- (3 Feb at Port Mourant) Zone C. Albion defeated Port Mourant by 36 runs and advanced to the semis. Albion 156-5 in 20 overs (J Foo 71, V Permaul 29, Veerapen Pemaul 26, D Bishoo 16*, Z Khan 2-22). Port Mourant 120-5 in 20 oves (H Chattergoon 33, Z Khan 30, B Persaud 20, Veerapen Permaul 2-24).
2012 Division 1 Telenec 50-overs:
- (2 Feb at Albion) Group A. Albion defeated Bermine by 26 runs and advanced to the semis. Albion 149 in 48.5 overs (S Chattergoon 47, S Ramcharran 33, Veerapen Permaul 24, G Motie-Kanhai 23, N Smith 2-19, D Clements 2-33, E LaFleur 2-36). Bermine 123 in 44 overs (J Odle 27, D Vantull 19, R Shepherd 12, Veerapen Permaul 3-19, D Bishoo 2-24, G Motie-Kanhai 2-34).
- (16 March at Rose Hall Town) Rose Hall Town defeated Albion by 6 wickets and advanced to the final. Albion 100 in 36 overs (D Bishoo 43, E Hooper 5-25). Rose Hall Town 103-4 in 20 overs (R Ivan 35*, J Sinclair 33, D Rikhi 15, K Mahadeo 10*, B Baldeo 2-22, S Ramcharran 1-?, B Dukha 1-?).
2013 Division 2 NBS 40-0vers:
- (10 Feb at Albion) – Albion Community Centre defeated No 1 Road by 10 wickets. No 1 Road 103 in 31.3 overs. (V Seecharran 32, B Baldeo 6-21, T Jagdeo 2-13, O Mangru 2-19). Albion Community Centre 104-0 in 8.4 overs. (K Surujnarine 63*).
- (24 Feb at Courtland): Albion Community Centre beat Courtland All Star by 43 runs. Albion Community Centre 78 in 22.4 overs (T Matheson 3-5, M Cummings 3-28). Courtland All Star 35 in 11.1 overs (B Baldeo 6-10, K Persaud 3-18).
Players include: Balchand Baldeo, Davendra Bishoo, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Brian Dukha, Jonathan Foo, Tribhuwan Jagdeo, Orvin Mangru, Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai, Veerapen Permaul, Veerasammy Permaul, Kevendra Persaud, Sharaz Ramcharran, Kandasammy Surujnarine
Pastor Lloyd Kanden has been president of the Albion Community Centre Cricket Club for 10 consecutive years, and Imtiaz Bacchus has been vice-president for 15 years.
|President:||Pastor Lloyd Kanden|
|Asnt Secretary/Treasurer:||Hemendra Ramdihal|
|Chairman, Disciplinary Committee:||Imtiaz Bacchus|
|Consultant and Technical Adviser:||Vemen Walter|
|Committee Members:||Satesh Dwarka, Totaram Harrichand (Chairman) and Doodnauth Lallbeharry.|
Special praises went to Cricket of the Year, Devendra Bishoo, CT20 star Jonathan Foo, Sagicor High Performance player Veerasammy Permaul and West Indies players Narsingh Deonarine and Sewnarine Chattergoon (all for 2010).
The club has named Veerasammy Permaul and Devendra Bishoo as the First Division captain and vice-captain respectively.
Junior captains and vice-captains are as follows: Veerapen Permaul and Gudakesh Motie (Under-17 and Under-19), Sharaz Ramcharran and David Latchya (Under-15), Balchan Baldeo and Tyrone Poorannauth (Under-13) and Doodnauth Lallbeharry (Div2).
Senior: Devendra Bishoo (capt), Sewnarine Chattergoon, Narsingh Deonarine, Satesh Dwarka, Jonathan Foo, Doodnauth Lallbeharry (Div2 capt), Veerasammy Permaul (v-capt), Hemendra Ramdihal
Under-19 & Under-17: Rajendra Dasrat, Sachin Dhaniram, Shailendra Hardyal, Surujnarine Kandasammy, Gudakesh Motie (v-capt), Veerapen Permaul (capt), Avinash Wajib
Under-15: David Latchya (v-capt), Sharaz Ramcharran (capt)
Under-13: Balchan Baldeo (capt), Tyrone Poorannauth (v-capt)
Albion Cricket Club won the 2010 Telenec Berbice 50-overs first division final by defeating Rose Hall Town by 6 wickets at Albion, on 28 Nov 2010.
At the Third Annual Awards Ceremony of the Berbice Cricket Board in Feb 2010, Albion Cricket Club was named "Team of the Year" after winning the national 40-overs championship. Narsingh Deonarine was named "Berbice Cricketer of the Year".
Albion was defeated by Rose Hall Town by 6 wickets in the final of the 2009 Leslie Amsterdam Memorial Under-17 tournament, played at the Port Mourant ground.
Albion won the 2007 Tenelec Inc Berbice 50-overs first division cricket final, by 9 wickets against Young Warriors, in Nov 2008.