Young Warriors members and regional officials at Young Warriors ground for the launching of the third edition of annual Mash Cup on 09 January 2015.
Young Warriors Cricket Club
Articles on Young Warriors
Photos (Click to Enlarge)
Young Warriors Cricket Club
Cumberland Village, in East Canje (Creek), Berbice, is home to Young Warriors Cricket Club - one of the leading cricket clubs in Berbice for many years. National players from Young Warriors included Damodar Dasrath, Richard Ramdeen, Gajanand Singh and Paul Wintz.
|Name:||Young Warriors Cricket Club|
|Location:||Cumberland, East Canje, Berbice|
|telephone:||(592) 623 6875|
Past players include: Hemnarine Chattergoon (ex-Guyana Under-19), Damodar Dasrath (ex-Guyana), Shimron Hetmyer, Looknauth Ramsuchit, Balram Samaroo (ex-Berbice Under-19), Gajanand Singh (Guyana) and Paul Wintz (Guyana).
Division 1 Telenec 50-overs:
- (2 Feb at Cumberland) Group A. Young Warriors defeated West Berbice by 63 runs and advance to the semis. Rain reduced match to 43 overs a side. Young Warriors 246-9 in 43 overs (G Singh 89, S Hetmeyer 63, A Dutchin 3-38, A Johnson 2-43, R Johnson 2-71). West Berbice 183 in 37 overs (K Fraser 70, A Bailey 38, R Ramdeen 4-8, G Singh 3-40, B Samaroo 2-48).
- (16 March at Cumberland) Young Warriors defeated Port Mourant by 124 runs and advanced to the final. Young Warriors 226 all out in 44.5 overs (K Ramdeen 62, F Hussain 53, B Samaroo 50). Port Mourant 102 all out (D Thakurdeen 23, K Ramdeen 3-34, K Khan 2-15).
Division 1 Universal DVD 20-overs:
- (20 Apr at Bush Lot) Young Warriors Universal DVD beat Bush Lot United Rising Star by 100 runs. Young Warriors Universal DVD 193-5 in 20 overs (S Hetmyer 83, K Ramdeen 24, M DeJonge 20). Bush Lot United Rising Star 93 in 18.4 overs (B Woolford 27, Keith Fraser 24, H Evans 5-14, K Ramnarine 2-14, K Ramdeen 2-21).
Division 1 Carib 20/20:
- (27 Jan at Edinburg) Young Warriors defeated Edinburg by 21 runs. Young Warriors 165-5 in 20 overs (G Singh 85, R Ramdeen 54). Edinburg 144-7 (J Henry 65, S Khan 25, G Singh 4-19, B Samaroo 2-26).
Division 2 Bobcat 20/20:
- (19 Jan) - Young Warriors beat Tucber Park by 5 wkts to win the inaugural Bobcat competition. Tucber Park 109-8 off 20 overs (J LaFleur 33, N Smith 15, C Shepherd 13, H Evans 4-0-15-2, S Khan 4-0-17-2). Young Warriors 112-5 in 18.3 overs (S Khan 32, S Hetmeyer 30).
Division 2 NBS 40-0vers:
- (10 Feb at Lochaber) – Young Warriors defeated West Canje by 5 wickets. West Canje 124 in 25.1 overs. (Raymond Mohamed 30, Ryan Mohamed 25, K Khan 6-13). Young Warriors 126-5 in 14 overs. (M Fraser 47, S Khan 31, E Wahab 3-14).
Players include: Randolph Baker, Maxie DeJonge, Suresh Dhanai, Hubern Evans, Mortimer Fraser, Shimron Hetmeyer, Farouk Hussain, Kassim Khan, Sanjay Khan, Kevin Ramdeen, Richard Ramdeen, Kamchand Ramnarine, Balram Samaroo, Gajanand Singh
Division 2 20/20 Bobcat:
- 11 Nov 2012 at Edinburg. Edinburg lost to Young Warriors by 12 runs. Young Warriors 145-9 in 20 (S Khan 25, N La Rose 3-12, T Ramdeen 2-34). Edinburg 133-7 in 20 overs (S Khan 48, M La Rose 29).
Players include: Sanjay Khan
Club member Shimron Hetmeyer gained selection on the national Under-15 team, and Linden Austin gained selection on the national Under-19 team.
Young Warriors won the 2010 Berbice NBS Second Division 40-over competition when they defeated Tamran Root.
Players include: Linden Austin, Randolph Baker, Anil Beharry (Berbice), Wahied Edwards, Hubern Evans (ex-Guyana), Khemraj Harris, Seon Hetmeyer, Shimron Hetmeyer (Berbice Under-15), Farouk Hussain, Shazad Khan, Simeon Lawson, Kwesi Maltay, Kawal Mangal, Amir Rahaman, Richard Ramdeen (Guyana), Muniram Shivdyal and Ishwar Singh (ex-Berbice Under-19 wicketkeeper).