Young Warriors Cricket Club
Cumberland Village, in East Canje (Creek), Berbice, is home to Young Warriors Cricket Club - one of the leading cricket clubs in Berbice for many years. National players from Young Warriors included Damodar Dasrath, Richard Ramdeen, Gajanand Singh and Paul Wintz.
|Name:||Young Warriors Cricket Club|
|Location:||Cumberland, East Canje, Berbice|
|telephone:||(592) 623 6875|
Past players include: Hemnarine Chattergoon (ex-Guyana Under-19), Damodar Dasrath (ex-Guyana), Shimron Hetmyer, Looknauth Ramsuchit, Balram Samaroo (ex-Berbice Under-19), Gajanand Singh (Guyana) and Paul Wintz (Guyana).
Division 1 Telenec 50-overs:
- (2 Feb at Cumberland) Group A. Young Warriors defeated West Berbice by 63 runs and advance to the semis. Rain reduced match to 43 overs a side. Young Warriors 246-9 in 43 overs (G Singh 89, S Hetmeyer 63, A Dutchin 3-38, A Johnson 2-43, R Johnson 2-71). West Berbice 183 in 37 overs (K Fraser 70, A Bailey 38, R Ramdeen 4-8, G Singh 3-40, B Samaroo 2-48).
- (16 March at Cumberland) Young Warriors defeated Port Mourant by 124 runs and advanced to the final. Young Warriors 226 all out in 44.5 overs (K Ramdeen 62, F Hussain 53, B Samaroo 50). Port Mourant 102 all out (D Thakurdeen 23, K Ramdeen 3-34, K Khan 2-15).
Division 1 Universal DVD 20-overs:
- (20 Apr at Bush Lot) Young Warriors Universal DVD beat Bush Lot United Rising Star by 100 runs. Young Warriors Universal DVD 193-5 in 20 overs (S Hetmyer 83, K Ramdeen 24, M DeJonge 20). Bush Lot United Rising Star 93 in 18.4 overs (B Woolford 27, Keith Fraser 24, H Evans 5-14, K Ramnarine 2-14, K Ramdeen 2-21).
Division 1 Carib 20/20:
- (27 Jan at Edinburg) Young Warriors defeated Edinburg by 21 runs. Young Warriors 165-5 in 20 overs (G Singh 85, R Ramdeen 54). Edinburg 144-7 (J Henry 65, S Khan 25, G Singh 4-19, B Samaroo 2-26).
Division 2 Bobcat 20/20:
- (19 Jan) - Young Warriors beat Tucber Park by 5 wkts to win the inaugural Bobcat competition. Tucber Park 109-8 off 20 overs (J LaFleur 33, N Smith 15, C Shepherd 13, H Evans 4-0-15-2, S Khan 4-0-17-2). Young Warriors 112-5 in 18.3 overs (S Khan 32, S Hetmeyer 30).
Division 2 NBS 40-0vers:
- (10 Feb at Lochaber) – Young Warriors defeated West Canje by 5 wickets. West Canje 124 in 25.1 overs. (Raymond Mohamed 30, Ryan Mohamed 25, K Khan 6-13). Young Warriors 126-5 in 14 overs. (M Fraser 47, S Khan 31, E Wahab 3-14).
Players include: Randolph Baker, Maxie DeJonge, Suresh Dhanai, Hubern Evans, Mortimer Fraser, Shimron Hetmeyer, Farouk Hussain, Kassim Khan, Sanjay Khan, Kevin Ramdeen, Richard Ramdeen, Kamchand Ramnarine, Balram Samaroo, Gajanand Singh
Division 2 20/20 Bobcat:
- 11 Nov 2012 at Edinburg. Edinburg lost to Young Warriors by 12 runs. Young Warriors 145-9 in 20 (S Khan 25, N La Rose 3-12, T Ramdeen 2-34). Edinburg 133-7 in 20 overs (S Khan 48, M La Rose 29).
Players include: Sanjay Khan
Club member Shimron Hetmeyer gained selection on the national Under-15 team, and Linden Austin gained selection on the national Under-19 team.
Young Warriors won the 2010 Berbice NBS Second Division 40-over competition when they defeated Tamran Root.
Players include: Linden Austin, Randolph Baker, Anil Beharry (Berbice), Wahied Edwards, Hubern Evans (ex-Guyana), Khemraj Harris, Seon Hetmeyer, Shimron Hetmeyer (Berbice Under-15), Farouk Hussain, Shazad Khan, Simeon Lawson, Kwesi Maltay, Kawal Mangal, Amir Rahaman, Richard Ramdeen (Guyana), Muniram Shivdyal and Ishwar Singh (ex-Berbice Under-19 wicketkeeper).